Enrollment will be April 17 thru June 23, 2017
Monday – Friday 8:30a.m. – 11:30a.m. ONLY
~ For families outside of the Ivanhoe School Zone ~
Wait List applications will be available as of April 17, 2017
Frequently asked Questions
- Q: Do I need to live within the Ivanhoe School boundaries?
A: Yes. We only enroll students that live in the Ivanhoe attendance area. We DO NOT grant permits or open enrollment. We will create a waiting list by grade level, should space become available.
USE THE DISTRICT’S SCHOOL FINDER UTILITY TO SEE IF IVANHOE IS YOUR ASSIGNED RESIDENT SCHOOL
- Q: How do I know if my child is eligible for the LAUSD TK – Program?
A: Your child’s birthdate must be between September 2 – December 2, 2012 to be eligible for the TK program 2017-2018.
- Q: My child is eligible for the TK – Program and Ivanhoe is his/her home school. Do I need to pre-register him/her at Ivanhoe?
A: Yes. You will need to pick up an enrollment packet from Ivanhoe, however, due to high enrollment in grades K-5, the TK program will be offered at Glenfeliz Elementary. Please bring required documents to receive enrollment packet.
- Q: My child is starting Kindergarten, what are the requirements?
A: Your child must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2017 and an up-to-date Immunization Record is required when picking up an enrollment packet. (Please see #6.Q&A regarding additional documents needed)
- Q: What are the Immunization Requirements?
A: Per new law Senate Bill 277 (SB 277), the immunization requirements for children entering child care or school have changed.
Starting January 1, 2016, parents or guardians of students in any school or child-care facility, whether public or private, will no longer be allowed to submit a Personal Beliefs Exemption to a currently-required vaccine.
Required Immunization for Kindergarten – 5th Grade is as follows:
|Diphtheria, Tetanus and Pertussis
(DTaP, DTP, or DT)
(4 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday)
(OPV or IPV)
(3 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday)
|Hepatitis B||3 doses|
|Measles, Mumps, and Rubella
(Both given on or after 1st birthday)
Parents must show their child’s Immunization Record as proof of immunization
- Q: What documents do I need to bring in order to receive an Enrollment packet?
- You will need to bring the following:
- Original Birth Certificate
- Up-to-date Immunization Card
- Three (3) proofs of residence (a rental/lease agreement or property tax is mandatory)
The following are examples of documents that may be accepted as proof of Residence:
- A copy of your property taxes or recent tax return
- A rental/lease agreement with original signatures
- Your most recent utility bill (e.g. gas, water, electricity)
- Official government mail (e.g. CalWorks, Social Security)
- Moving company receipts (with residence address and name)
Documents must be original documents from the current month and a parent name must be stated.
WE WILL NOT ACCEPT CABLE OR TELEPHONE BILLS, CAR INSURANCE, DRIVER’S LICENSE OR DMV IDENTIFICATION CARDS AS PROOF OF RESIDENCE.
Please Note: Enrollment packet will NOT be given if all required documents are not presented.
- Q: What happens after I pick up an Enrollment Packet?
A: Visit our website: www.ivanhoeschool.org and schedule an appointment through Sign-Up Genius to return the enrollment packet. Appointments are available from 8:30am – 11:30am.only. All forms must be ready, completed and signed at time of submission. Physical health and dental exam forms must also be signed by doctor and stamped by office.
Enrollment packets with any incomplete or missing forms will NOT be accepted, and you will need to reschedule for another day.
Physical health exams can be accepted if physicals were completed 18 months prior to enrollment.
- Q: When does 2017-2018 School Year start?
A: Tuesday, August 15, 2017
FORMS AVAILABLE FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS MUST BE FILLED OUT AND SUBMITTED UPON ENROLLMENT.
- ORAL HEALTH ASSESSMENT.ENG-SP REV. 5-07 (MANDATORY)
- REPORT OF HEALTH EXAM PM 171 A – 9-07 (MANDATORY)
- REQ FOR MED TO BE TAKEN DURING SCHOOL REV 7-12-2 (IF NEEDED)
- ENG-SP READMIT OF PUPILS WITH AMB ASSIST DEVICE-2 (IF NEEDED)