2020-2021 Enrollment

 For families in the Ivanhoe school zone

Enrollment will be held April 14 thru June 18, 2020.

Monday – Friday 8:30am – 11:30am ONLY

 For families outside of the Ivanhoe school zone

Wait List applications are currently available 8:30am – 11:30am in the front office.


Q: Do I need to live within Ivanhoe Elementary’s boundaries?

A: Yes. We only enroll students that live in the Ivanhoe attendance area. We DO NOT grant permits or have open enrollment. We will create a wait list by grade level, should space become available. 

Q: How can I found out if Ivanhoe is my resident school?

A: Use the LAUSD school finder to see if Ivanhoe is your assigned resident school.

Q: How do I know if my child is eligible for the LAUSD TK (Transitional Kindergarten) program?

A:  Your child’s birthdate must be between September 2 – December 2, 2015, to be eligible for the 2019-2020 TK program.

Q: My child is eligible for the TK Program and Ivanhoe is her/his home school. Do I need to pre-register her/him at Ivanhoe?

A: Yes. You will need to pick up an enrollment packet from Ivanhoe. However, due to high enrollment in grades K-5, the TK program will be offered at Glenfeliz Elementary. Please bring required documents to receive an enrollment packet.

Q: My child is starting Kindergarten. What are the requirements?

A: Your child must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2020, and an up-to-date Immunization Record is required when picking up an enrollment packet. Please see Q&A #6 regarding additional documents needed for enrollment.

Q: What are the Immunization Requirements?

A: Per new law Senate Bill 277 (SB 277), the immunization requirements for children entering child care or school have changed.

Starting January 1, 2016, parents or guardians of students in any school or child-care facility, whether public or private, will no longer be allowed to submit a Personal Beliefs Exemption to a currently-required vaccine.

Required Immunization for Kindergarten – 5th Grade is as follows:

Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP, DTP, or DT)

5 doses
(4 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday)

Polio (OPV or IPV)

4 doses
(3 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday)

Hepatitis B

3 doses

Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR)

2 doses
(Both given on or after 1st birthday)

Varicella (Chickenpox)

2 doses

Parents must show their child’s Immunization Record as proof of immunization.

Q: What documents do I need to bring in order to receive an Enrollment packet?

A: You will need to bring the following:

Original Birth Certificate

Up-to-date Immunization Card

Three (3) proofs of residence (a rental/lease agreement or property tax is mandatory)

The following are examples of documents that may be accepted as proof of residence:

A copy of your property taxes or recent tax return

A rental/lease agreement with original signatures

Your most recent utility bill (e.g. gas, water, electricity)

Official government mail (e.g. CalWorks, Social Security)

Moving company receipts (with residence address and name)

Documents must be original documents from the current month and a parent name must be stated.

We will not accept cable or telephone bills, car insurance, driver’s license, or DMV identification cards as proof of residence.

Please note: An enrollment packet will NOT be given if all required documents are not presented.

Q: What happens after I pick up an Enrollment Packet?

A: Please schedule an appointment through SignUp Genius to return the enrollment packet. Appointments are available 8:30am – 11:30am only. Physical health and dental exam forms must also be signed by a doctor and stamped by their office.

All forms must be ready, completed, and signed at time of submission. 

Enrollment packets with any incomplete or missing forms will NOT be accepted, and you will need to reschedule for another day.

Physical health exams can be accepted if physicals were completed 18 months prior to enrollment.

Q: When does the 2019-2020 School Year start?

A: Tuesday, August 20, 2019


The following documents must be filled out and submitted upon enrollment.

  1. ORAL HEALTH ASSESSMENT.ENG-SP REV. 5-07 (mandatory)

  2. REPORT OF HEALTH EXAM PM 171 A – 9-07 (mandatory)